A little about everything

From here to mommyhood was conceived while I was pregnant with my daughter, Hadley. Since Im still getting a hang of 'mommyhood' and all other things that go along with it, why not have a few laughs and how-to's along the way?

Sunday, May 5, 2013

From not so trashy to flashy!

Good evening, readers! Today I finished one of the simplest kitchen transformations, ever. Seriously. Easiest thing. EVER. Before I tell you all what I did (lets build some suspense), my bees knees husband agreed to let me re-decorate/remodel certain rooms in our home (kitchen included). We have lived in our home since August of 2010 when it was purchase brand-spankin'- new off the carpenters nail gun. I love our home, really I do. But when you are a stay-around-home mom and you see the same scenery day, after day, after day (like I don't even get the suspense of a car accident on the way to work anymore, yes. Im terrible for that. I know) its time for a change. So change I will do! I won't reveal all of our  my intentions with this re-decomodel just yet but I will share this handy, dandy, easy, peezy DIY that YOU can do to spice up your kitchen. 

"Ok, chick, get to the point here".

 Right you are, to the point I will go! 

You know those, draaaaaaaaaaaaaaab, outdated, no personality white plastic blinds they put in EVERY. SINGLE. HOUSE these days? Yep, we had them too. I ditched those suckers. Here's how it went. 


(Before on the left, after on the right)

I managed to score a great deal on the curtain rod, curtains (and today, curtain pull back thingys).

I found my curtain rod and curtains here

I got two sets of two curtains for $16.99/each and one curtain rod for $16.99.

Now today, we added these fancy things to round it all out. Now these ended up being more of a necessity than I would have ever imagined since our dearest Zoey (see this post) uses the back door everyday. 


Now, I found these here for a nice $12.97/a pair!


If I may say so myself, it makes my home more.. uh, homey (not the gangster type). 


Enjoy readers! Since Im always curious, what colors are in your kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment