A little about everything

From here to mommyhood was conceived while I was pregnant with my daughter, Hadley. Since Im still getting a hang of 'mommyhood' and all other things that go along with it, why not have a few laughs and how-to's along the way?

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Dating your spouse

I think it goes without saying that once you make the decision to start a family you begin to focus solely on the bambino's of the family and less on yourself. Now, I don't claim to be a marriage expert but I don't think Im speaking out of turn (ie. Not married and giving marriage advice). Right after H was born, I really started to notice that every conversation, every picture on my phone (we are talking 1400 pictures on my phone here since she was born. Thats 100 pictures a MONTH), every thought became about her - don't take this as I don't adore my child, I do. But a stay around home mom needs some adult interaction. So, whats a chick to do? I suggested to J that we really needed to make time for our marriage and each other at least once a month. He happily agreed that it might be good for us.

So our very first 'date' night came, four months after H was born. It was great! For the one time since H was born I didn't have to worry about her sleeping, what time we had to be home, when her last bottle was, NOTHING. It felt like I was a free mom! J was happier than ever to leave the house without the entire house packed into a bag (so I might have been over prepared, better safe than sorry right?) and even called the restaurant and had them place two dozen red roses on the table for me before we even sat down! We have happily continued this tradition (almost) every month since.

Theres my roses!

Now, onto the real point of this post. I wasn't saying all of that to brag, really, I wasn't! I really wrote this particular post to give you ideas on what to do on a date with your spouse. So here's my list. Most of the things, we have done (a couple of times, actually).

1. Go out to a fancy restaurant (and go all out, five courses anyone?)
2. Stay at a five-star hotel (seriously, everyone deserves to once in their life!)
3. Have movie night... at your own house. Im talking turn up the surround sound like you're sixteen again!
4. Go out of town, but stay in-state (unless you live close to the state line)
5. Get a massage
6. Re-do a room. (Yes, my husband and I have spent a date night re-doing a room)
7. Take a cooking class
8. Make your own fondue
9. Take a zipline adventure (I hate heights, but this crap was fun!)
10. Go to a bouce house (We tend to act like children when we are alone without children, don't judge)
11. Take a glass blowing tour
12. Go rafting
13. Go on a hike
14. Go on a beer tour
15. Go on a hot air balloon ride

Happy dating y'all!

Did I leave any awesome adventures out?


1 comment:

  1. What about zoo dates or Aquarium dates? They're fun with kids but can be just as fun without them! Strolls through the aquarium are one of my most favorite things to do with my husband. I also like to go take pictures together. We go and take walks, take the nice camera. We usually get some awesome shots for art in the house, and inevitable a few of each other.

    ReplyDelete