A little about everything

From here to mommyhood was conceived while I was pregnant with my daughter, Hadley. Since Im still getting a hang of 'mommyhood' and all other things that go along with it, why not have a few laughs and how-to's along the way?

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Spicy Chipotle Burgers

Howdy y'all! Its been ten days (thanks Sara, Dear) for counting for me since I've blogged and I truly apologize. I'll make up for - promise!

Since its Summer (ie. Schools are out, my neighborhood pool is crowded on the weekends and its hotter than blazes every.day.of.the.week), that means that in the Bee house, we crank up the at least three times a week. What, we like to be outside, ok? I always like to try out new recipes, and over these past few years have managed to make a couple of my own. I would like to take this very moment to share my most prized (non-dessert) recipe with you. I will warn you that these are not for young kids and those that don't like spicy. They are veeeery spicy. It can be toned down, but they will still be spicy!

Meet my friend, the Spicy Chipotle Burger

Is your mouth watering? Mine is. Is that weird?

Heres how you make it!

First, crank the grill up if these are going from mixing bowl to grill grates!

Now, pull out a knife of good chopping variety, a cutting board and mixing bowl (you wouldn't want to mix them on your counter, that would be ICKY!)

Now, you will need the following mix-in's;

1 lb. of ground beef (I prefer 90/10)
1 C. Chopped Cilantro 
1 Shallot - Minced
2 Tbsp Chipotle Sauce
1/4 tsp. Ground Cumin 

Now, stick your hands in that bowl and mix those suckers up. 
Once they are mixed, form them into four respective patties.

Once you've pattied to your hearts content, throw those suckers on the grill (assuming that its warmed up, and stuff). If you are saving them for dinner tonight - cover them tightly and put them in the fridge.

After they have been cooked, place them on a toasted bun (I like sourdough) and top with your favorite salsa and lettuce (optional). 

Now, eat up! 

I like to pair these with farmer's market veggies on the grill (asparagus) and some chips! 


Happy Summer! 

I'll be back next time with part three of Carseat Commotion!





No comments:

Post a Comment